Signs You Might Be Psychic
The following is a guest post by Erin-Ashley Kerti of Erin-Ashley Coaching
I was recently browsing through blog articles online, and I stumbled across one titled “Signs You Might Be Psychic.”
Now, as an international psychic development coach, I was intrigued.
You see, in my experience, there is only one sign that you might be psychic. Only one question to ask.
Do you have a pulse?
Yes? Then, to some degree, you are psychic.
Pulse = Psychic Potential
It’s hard to believe to someone just starting out, but it is the truth.
If you are alive, then you are capable of receiving psychic information.
This is because the information comes much like a radio signal. It’s out in the universe, being broadcast by people or circumstances or source or other entities on the other side, and your body can receive the information.
For the sake of this analogy, your friend’s career path might be on station 90.7 while your deceased grandmother’s station is 100.3.
If you don’t know how to turn on your radio and dial into the station you want to hear, it’s easy to believe that you’re not psychic.
If you don’t know how to control the volume, the signals might be very hard to understand.
Professional psychics simply know how to tune into the radio station they want, listen, and pass on the information.
And knowing how to tune in, control the volume, and understand what is being said are skills. Sure, some people have a natural knack for these skills, much like some people are natural born athletes and some people are naturally talented at art.
Why does it appear that some people aren’t psychic?
There are a few reasons why it appears that not everyone is psychic.
- It’s natural. Because it’s natural and something that everyone has, it’s very easy to assume that only the truly extraordinary flashes of psychic insight are “true” psychic experiences.
- Everyone has their own psychic style and language. The human brain is a fascinating organ, and the brain is what receives, interprets and translates the psychic information that we all receive. Our conscious mind can process 10 – 40 bits of information per second, our subconscious mind can process 10,000 bits of information per second, and the entire body-mind system processes an estimated 1,000,000 bits of information a second. Because the conscious mind can process so little of the information that you receive, psychic insight and experiences often filter through the body as feelings (clairsentience), flashes of visions and/or memories (clairvoyance), sounds (clairaudience) or an instant knowing (claircognizance). One of the most important actions we can take to strengthen our psychic abilities is to identify our Primary Intuitive Modality.
- Interpretation is a skill. The biggest hang up my clients have when it comes to psychic development has nothing to do with receiving psychic information. It has everything to do with learning how to decode the information that does come through. Because the information filters through the subconscious, it is almost always coded in symbols or metaphor. Learning how to take those metaphors and translate them into accurate and actionable information is a skill, and most professional psychics I know (myself included) had to take time to learn how to interpret the information they receive.
If you want to develop your natural psychic abilities and gifts, there are a few simple steps you can take.
- Identify your psychic strengths. Do you have clear dreams? Are you always feeling the emotions of those around you? Do you hear voices in your head that advise you on what actions to take or who to avoid? However it manifests for you, focus on developing what’s already there and working.
- Allow yourself to be psychic like YOU are psychic. Don’t worry about being psychic like other prominent psychics. If you don’t get visions, don’t worry about it. Honor what you do have, and use it to the best of your ability.
- Start a psychic journal. Log your experiences. Be clinical and a mere observer to what you experience. Something along the lines of “When I thought of taking the job offer, I felt a tightening sensation in my stomach, and a clenching in my throat” is an excellent log entry, because it doesn’t put any meaning on the feelings. It reports them. Once you’ve recorded the observations, then write down what you believe it means. “I believe that this means that the job is the wrong fit for me, and that I won’t be able to express myself or communicate effectively while in this position.” Finally, record what actually happens, to see whether your observations and your interpretations match.
Got any other great tips for developing psychic abilities? Add them in the comments below!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Erin-Ashley is an international Intuition Coach. After a severe and prolonged illness opened her up to her intuitive abilities when she was 19, she went through years of confusion while she tried to figure out what was happening to her and why she seemed to experience the world differently than those around her. In 2011 she finally “got serious” about helping people and trained with world renowned psychic and intuitive counselor Erin Pavlina. Since then, she has helped people in 10 countries and throughout the US tune into their spirits and master their intuitions.